Optical Gold Reflectors
Reflectors are generally used to terminate fibers in an effort to achieve the highest level of retroreflection possible.
They are used in the production of measuring equipment, such as interferometers, reflection testers and ODTRs (optical time domain reflectometers), in workshops for calibration needs, or even to measure retroreflection within components for optical fiber. They also serve as reference for reflection levels, by measuring the sensibility of sources to the retroreflection of other equipment. Reflectors by Diamond are small-sized modules supplied with single-mode fiber for PC as well as APC versions. The reflector ends, made of fiber coated with a layer of gold, guarantee a high level of reflection.
• Housing made of ROHS plastic and/or metal (nickel-plated copper), depending on the type.
• High-precision Diamond ceramic ferrule with titanium insert
• Low reflection loss
• Excellent repeatability rate
• Excellent homogeneity over the 1310-1550 nm band
• Low dependency on reflection polarisation
• Extended temperature range sheet
• Complies with IEC, TIA/EIA, Telecordia standards
• E-2000 versions compatible with the E-2000 mechanical coding system
Fields of application:
• Interferometric sensors
• Calibration of reflection measurement equipment
• Lockout and sealing of dark fiber on standby for the E-2000 version.
For further information or specific configuration data, please contact your DIAMOND advisor or contact us via the “Request an offer” form, available on-line on this site.