DMI miniature PC board fiber optic connector
- DIAMOND USA
- Connectors & Adapters
- Standard Connectors
- DMI miniature PC board fiber optic connector
DMI Diamond Micro Interface
In order to ensure the highest technical performance and to provide an optimum solution for high density packaging, DIAMOND has developed the Diamond Micro Interface (DMI) connection system.
Thanks to its minimal space requirement, this system is an ideal solution for Printed Circuit Board (PCB) applications as well as a high quality interface between active and passive components of fiber optic installations.
As such it has been used to replace splices, in some applications, improving the modularity at a low height budget impact.
DMI connectors are based on standard ø2.5 mm ferrules and are designed to operate with multimode and single mode fibers, 0° PC as well as 8° APC polished. Furthermore the DMI is also available as PM (Polarization Maintaining) interface.
Features and benefits
- Minimum space requirement (footprint of 4.5 x 21 mm)
- Consistent high performance solution
- Available in PC, APC and PM termination
- Available in PS on custom request due to laser safety issues
- Standard active fiber core aligned DIAMOND ø2.5 mm ferrule
- Easy installation by use of standard clip-on system
- DMI assembly tool is available
Step by step to your ideal productProduct Finder